Saturday, July 7

I'm trying to think what else is important to say.

There isn't much to say, I guess. My oldest brother's girlfriend's mother died a couple of weeks ago. Today the girlfriend and my brother came over for lunch and she and my mom talking about funerals. My mom wants to be cremated. She also said my dad can get a free plot at the veteran's cemetary in Mandan (or maybe Minot?) which is way the hell far away. I was not thrilled to hear about this, but it's good to know their wishes. I think we will try to get the money together to have their eternal resting places in our time zone. I mean, in the unlikely event that my mommy and daddy die which I am going to make them promise to never, ever do. I would like a wooden casket and then I'd like to be buried out in the woods and left to rot. That sounds restful. I mean, once I'm dead. Not, like, today or anything.

6 comments:

  1. that sounds pretty peaceful. although i want to be cremated. i figure i'm on the highway to hell anyway, so might as well get a jump-start on the burning feeling i'll have for all eternity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if only we could still get buried out in the woods somewhere. now you "can't" even have your ashes scattered...
    but i will also be cremated. burn burn yes you're gonna burn!
    good times. yeah my dad wants to be buried in the vets cemetary and ma won't. she wants to be buried at her church cemetary by her parents. i wonder if this has changed since she has since changed churches...have to ask her about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm glad i decided to come back and read it all the way to the end. i already had nylon rope, duct tape, and lime on my list.


    i would like to be cremated and then i would like my ashes sneakily added to the water supply of whatever town I hate most at the time of my death.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i did email my mom about her burial, and she said she's getting buried at the vet's cemetary with dad. how nice. i'm actually kinda glad she won't be in that church cemetary. that church never did anything for her. i don't wanna be buried in a pet cemetary, i don't wanna live my life agaaaain... jessi made me watch that movie and i never got the song outta my head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frankles is right...you can't be scattered about without a little trouble. (legal or otherwise) Funny cremation story...My husband's great-grandparents used to live on lake minnetonka, and they wanted to be cremated and sprinkled in the lake. So, after they died a few years ago, husband's granparents rented a boat (incidentally from Al and Alma's, pre-Vikings boat-trip fame) and got us all together for an afternoon on the lake. When the grandma told them her intentions, she was told it was illegal to dispose of human remains in the lake. Having more respect for her parent's wishes than the law, she decided to do it anyway. We gathered on the top deck of the boat, and she dramatically "scattered" the ashes of the back of the boat. But it was a windy windy day, and they came right back! Grandma ended up *covered* in ash, as did the entire back of the boat. Grandma and all the aunts and uncles then spent a good deal of time trying to scrub great grandma and grandpa out of the screen windows on the main cabin of the boat. Luckily, that side of family has a sense of humor... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. good times! My mom said she wants each of us kids to take a scoop of here ashes, but I think she was kidding.

    ReplyDelete