Monday, June 18

Good news and possibly better news

So, I found that damn Harry Potter book. Thank god. See, I'm not the neatest person, and I keep books every-damn-where, so I had to look not only on bookshelves, but near the bookshelves, under the couch, bed, desk, and coffee table; plus in the kitchen and the trunk of my car. The book was amidst a stack of magazines in my bedroom. So, now the funny fun fun of reading this incredibly dark children's book is all mine.

The possibly better news: I've found a semi-reasonable and timely way of getting to a friend's wedding in Colorado. I've been investigating Greyhound, but it's not that attractive to spend 28 hours (each way) in a stinky bus, but it'd be much better to spend 12+ hours with the bride's family, carpooling from Fargo, right? I called my mom to run this plan by her. She didn't like it much, which is not surprising. My car isn't in tip top condition, even if we disregard the oil leak. Will it make it there? I say it'd be much safer to be with the Hav fam (even if they're a bit crazy, because what family isn't?) than on my own trying to sleep on the bus with a bunch of weirdos I've never even met before. My mom is very cautious, not big on expenditures of money or adventure of most types. When we talked, she admitted this cautiousness and I admitted that she is very often right, much more often than I used to be able to admit. But I'm not going to miss this wedding. So I'll decide my method in the next few days.

5 comments:

  1. or amtrak. it's a bit faster than a bus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hold on SD.. I got this one..

    eh-hem...

    NUH-UH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol. No, unfortunately Amtrak from Minneapolis to Denver is a three day trip and costs more than a plane ticket. So, RS referred me to an awesome company called megabus. So very, very awesome. Round trip ticket to Chicago is less than $50. Then from Chicago to Denver would be inexpensive and quick, right? I mean, there is a train that goes that way, with out even stopping on the west coast first. But it still costs as much as a plane ticket all totaled up (round trip bus and train).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais

    ReplyDelete