Saturday, June 9

Birds!

So, last year these birds built a nest near my apartment's balcony. You know how most balconies stick out from the side of the building? The ones in my complex do not, they are flush with the side of the building. So the birds were way cute, especially when the little birds were learning to fly. However, birds are sort of filthy and there was quite a lot more bird shit than I like to have around. Also, when I'd sit on the balcony the birds would get pissed off and swoop at me, chattering madly.

I've probably blogged about this before.

Anyway, this year I evicted the damn things. I had to knock it down whenever they started to build it up. They were pissed off and swooped around a lot, but they gave up after a single day. God, I feel bad. I'm the mean ol' human who made them move from the nesting spot they bonded with. I was listening to a show on MPR about how this type of birds (barn swallows or something, it was a while ago) about how nasty these birds are and how they'll kill other birds to steal their nests... so I've sentenced some other random birds to a gruesome death. Fuck.

1 comment:

  1. we have a bird's nest on the top of our security light at our front door. someone destroyed the first one, but the bird built a new one. the new one contains three baby birds! they are so fun to watch, but the mama doesn't like me to get too close, that's for sure.

    i just hope our stupid landlord doesn't knock it down with the babies inside. they are so tiny and their eyes aren't open yet.

    ReplyDelete