Tuesday, April 1

hardy har har!

I pulled a succesful prank today. I am quite proud. I made it look like 1/2 our department called in sick, when about 1/3 of it was already going to be gone. I even got my boss in on it in advance, so when her assistant left her a semi-panicked message, she called back laughing her ass off, instead of anxious and pissed off. She was on her way to a funeral so she could use the laugh, you know? Or it was really inappropriate to pull her away from her family for something so trivial. Let's say not the second one, hopefully.

The 2 ladies who get there first in the morning were my targets. It was awesome. They actually bought it, had no thought that it was sort of coincidental that I had food poisoning, W had a broken leg, and the new girl had the flu -- all on April 1st. I was worried they'd be genuinely mad once they found out I had gotten them, and in fact I think JB was about 30 seconds away from crying when I got there. So I had prepared a small gift for each of them, to bribe them back to liking me.

I am way too proud of myself and will probably get my comeuppance soon enough.

2 comments: