Thursday, March 20

IT Dept Hates Me

Nah, maybe not so much hates me. Thinks I'm a technical hypochondriac.
This is not a big deal...
Here I am, with the best intentions in the world, transferring a call on line one to somebody's voicemail. Then line two rings, and I can't hear the call I'm trying to transfer. So I can't tell when voicemail picks up and because I can't risk to put putting somebody to the wrong line, I put the 1st call on hold so I can get rid of line two and transfer the poor person on line one.

Whatever, I can live with it. But somebody told me to send a work order to IT, and 3 weeks later they come to me to check on it. And look at me like I'm a new species of crazy while I try to describe it, sputter, and give up. Whatever!

I have a mental block when it comes to a certain level of technology. Like, anything more complicated than the basic level. I discovered how to sort shit in excel and you'd think I'd found gold. Then I forgot how to do it. The mind rebels!

No comments:

Post a Comment